~

~

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Star is Born!!!!

Colin Jacob Gill
Date:  May 4, 2011
Time:  9:22am
Weight:  7lbs 8ounces
Length:  20 inches

Your Birth Story
You were scheduled to be delivered Thursday May 12th but you had a plan of your own....  Wednesday May 4th at 1:30 am I woke up from my sleep because my water broke!  So I woke up daddy and for the next hour we tried to stay calm, we gathered our bags, and called our family especially GJ and Granpop because they had to change their flight for the 3rd time!!  Everyone was extremely excited and off we went to Boca Regional Medical Hospital.  We got there at 2:30am and Mommy was sent to her "hotel" room and monitored until the morning.  Around 6:00am family started to show up, first Grandpa Frank, then Uncle Blaine, Aunt Deanna, Aunt Kat, Aunt Melissa, and Uncle Walter.  Mommy was getting very nervous so Kat and Daddy tried there best to keep me calm.  At 8:45 Dr. came in the room and said, "It's a go time!"  So Mommy and Daddy went to the operating room.  Although I was extremely nervous at this point, I knew it was only a matter of minutes before we would see you so I remained brave and calm.  When daddy came in the room I grabbed a hold of his shirt and moments later at 9:22 am we could hear your little cry as Dr. Handal held you over the curtain.  Daddy and I started to ball you were just perfect!!  Daddy got to go with you to the nursery where all your family could see you, now Amy was there too!!  Around 10:30 GJ and Granpop arrived from Philli and were overtaken by love when they saw you.  They took me back to my "hotel" room, where the nurse brought you in and you laid on my chest.  This was the most precious moment you were mine as I kissed your precious little cheeks.  Daddy and I were overwhelmed with joy and thanked God for you!  We were married 4/5, and our little angel arrived 5/4 :0)

Daddy to Be


Our first moments with you...









First Visitors



Around 12pm they moved us into our little suite, and we spend the next 3 days there, the nurses took very good care of us and were extra friendly, "Okay Mommy," they would always say

The following pictures are from your first 3 days and all your loving visitors!



















Hospital visitors:  Aunts Kat, Deanna, Melissa, Uncles Shaney, Blaine, Walter, GJ, Granpop, Grandma, Grandpa, Jenny and Wendy, Rachelle and Dan, Jeni, Angela and Jade, Wendy, Phillippe, and Both Amy's :0)

Our First Day Home
Saturday May 7th, Daddy packed us all up and GJ and Granpop came with your car seat and we were ready to go!  Nurse Karen wheeled us out and there were about 30 people taking a tour of the Maternity Ward, as we wheeled by them they all clapped and said how gorgeous you were.  Nurse Nicole, gave daddy and I a tap and wished us lots of luck, we took 3 of her classes :0)  In the car we went and daddy drove sooo slow and I made sure he focused on the road!  We got home around 12 noon and GJ and I organized and made sure everything was perfect for you.  Big Sister Gracie was so excited to see mommy and daddy and was also very anxious to meet you, she went right up to you with her tail wagging and from then on become a very protective kind big sis!
Lloyd, Roma, Nicole, and Justin came over soon too to welcome you to the neighborhood.


A little soothie to make you feel better

A little hand from mommy

All better....I do love the car!!

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Big sister Gracie meets you!

Our favorite neighbors

Since mommy is still sore Daddy walked you upstairs and showed you your adorable nursery, you slept downstairs in your bassinet for the next couple days.  Amy came over before she left on her 2 week vacay and then Uncle Shaney and Aunt Kat came over too.  Then it was bath time for everyone!!  Mommy and daddy gave you your nice sponge bath...











Time for bed
Daddy read your first book "On the Night You Were Born," Daddy, Mommy and GJ all cried and couldn't finish the book so Granpop took over :0)



"Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous morning you were born"


2 comments:

  1. I am crying right now from complete joy and happiness. Its so hard not being there with you Gill family. My nephew is just he absolute most precious boy ever. I am so in love, so completely in love with you Colin. You are making mommy and daddy do nothing but smile. You have added much joy into their lives. I cant wait to give you kisses, kisses, kisses, Love Auntie Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Precious!! I miss being able to be there!! I just want to cuddle him and not let go!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete